Wednesday, August 11, 2010

job search notes: "I'm in the market, as it were"

Everybody listen to me,
And return me my ship.
I'm your captain, I'm your captain,
Though I'm feeling mighty sick.
I've been lost now, days uncounted,
And it's months since I've seen home.
Can you hear me, can you hear me?
Or am I all alone?
The words of Grand Funk Railroad come to mind this morning as I catch up to the Monday Morning Memo. Yes, it has been that kind of week. Much to do, much done, yet seemingly little accomplished.

I took Dad for a doctor's appointment that turned out to have been rescheduled for next week but his calendar was not updated. No great loss. We got started early on the walk and errands he needed to do.

Made a suggestion to the School Committee about changing the District Improvement Plan to include the PCC and more outreach to the community, and they nodded their heads. Gee, you know; change is tough but if they don't try something different, they aren't going to make progress. They certainly haven't been successful with their current process.
I'm your captain, I'm your captain,
Though I'm feeling mighty sick.
Everybody, listen to me,
And return me my ship.


I'm getting closer to my home ...
So while the job search ride can be a roller-coaster, keeping up the spirit, keeping up the hope will get you closer to home. To your landing, to the match where you can add significant value.

Oh, and the headline quote. For those who may not make it through to the end of the five minute video, it is from Jack Sparrow. Captain Jack Sparrow. To which the British officer said, "But I don't see your ship?" and to which Jack replied, "I'm in the market, as it were."




Keep up the spirit!