Sunday, August 08, 2010

Kitchen stuff

1 - Post run, Dolores and I stopped for coffee at Cafe Dolce. I inadvertently included a typo in my tweet and said "post rum". You shouldn't run on alcohol and I don't but typos do occur!

2 - Cooked myself a good omelet with toast for breakfast. Then while I was in the kitchen put together my modification on the three-bean salad recipe that you find here:
http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/three_bean_salad/

Steve's modifications:

  • forgot to get celery so I used some shredded carrot instead
  • used black beans instead of the cannellini beans (this gives it extra color)

3 - It is in the fridge to chill before being served with dinner tonight.

4 - Our microwave decided to quit on us on Friday. This creates a challenge for those who are so used to nuking this or that. We're going back to the old ways of heating in a saucepan on the stove top, or reheating in tinfoil in the oven for the time being.

Research on what we should be to replace this unit is underway. We did call to investigate having it repaired but the parts and labor would cost more than a new unit. Considering the unit is eleven years old, I guess that makes sense. Eleven years? Has it been that long already? We are coming up on fifteen here in the house in Franklin so yes, when you stop and think about it, it does make sense.

Time does fly when you are having fun!