Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Book Review - The Courage to Write

Ralph Keyes: The Courage to Write, How Writers Transcend Fear

Ralph tackles an interesting topic, one many people prefer to avoid. Putting your thought to paper is an exposure of the maximum kind. It is if you stand naked before the world. He provides insight into those who make their livelihood by writing and how they deal with this fear. There are countless anecdotes from many authors famous and infamous, well known or little known. “Along the way, I’ve learned three things. One is that I’ll survive; finish the book and live to write another. Second, I’ll regain my sanity (such as it is). Finally, I’ve learned that a rising tide of anxiety isn’t necessarily bad. It is a sign that I am getting serious. Nervousness keeps me alert. Fear forces me to focus …” If you are going to write, or you are still thinking about writing, this is the book to read. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I go along with #1 and #3. I think many writers get nervous and think their writing has a problm. But, the courage to write; a story, a journal?
    I am a devoted Stephen King fan.
    After just I quick look I like the way you have this site laid out.

    ReplyDelete