Wednesday, September 22, 2004

To WOW or not to WOW

Very interesting discussion going on here on Tom Peter's blog about WOW projects. Enthusiasm or drudgery? Joy in work or dread? It is a choice. And believe it or not it is Your choice!

I recognize that I may not achieve WOW all the time. But those times I have WOW make it all worthwhile.

This connects with one of my favorite poems by Kabir that Robert Bly translated.

"I laugh when I hear that the fish in the water is thirsty.

You don't grasp the fact that what is most alive of all is inside your own house; and so you walk from one holy city to the next with a confused look!

Kabir will tell you the truth: go wherever you like, to Calcutta or Tibet; if you can't find where your soul is hidden, for you the world will never be real."

from "The Winged Energy of Delight" by Robert Bly

No comments:

Post a Comment