Friday, June 05, 2009

job search notes: being distinct

The truth is you don't have the time or energy to create highly distinctive customer experiences for a widely varied assembly of widely diverse customers.
From the Collapse of Distinction by Scott McKain

So how many resumes do you have?

I have one primary resume with a changeable focus. If within the world of Information Technology, I am applying for a project management position, I can highlight my project related accomplishments

If I am applying for a support operations role, I can highlight those aspects of my experience.

The basics are all there. The action word phrases don't change.

The positioning on the cover letter to show how I meet several of their listed requirements will change for each company. At least to the extent that I rarely see two companies asking for the same listing of qualifications for similar positions.

How do you differentiate yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment