Saturday, June 20, 2009

Lucky day - Wells Thompson visits Franklin

Strolling along the sidewalk downtown Franklin at the Strawberry Festival on Friday, I caught sight of a young man passing me that looked awfully familiar. Taking a chance, I called out: "Wells, Wells Thompson?". He stopped and turned. It was!

New England Revolution
midfielder Wells Thompson had stopped by the Strawberry Festival. I introduced myself. He was going to the bank ATM to get some money and comeback for strawberry shortcake. I asked if I could get his picture when he came back and he said yes. I caught up with him in the line for strawberry shortcake and he graciously consented to the photo.

StrawberryFest_WellsT_DustinH

Wells and friend Dustin Hinkley liked the strawberry shortcake!

BTW - when talking soccer, he said we might see the new guy (Edgaras Jankauskas) starting soon. The last I had heard he was still on tryout and no decision had been made. I hope Wells info is true, Edgaras would provide the big forward that we haven't seen on the Rev's pitch in a long time and sorely need.

Additional photos from yesterday's Strawberry Festival can be found on Franklin Matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment