Monday, January 17, 2005

Weekend Recap

This nice long weekend is coming to an end.

Friday night got the weekend off to a good start. Dinner with a couple of friends, their daughters had been on the swim team with ours. Theirs still swim, ours have moved on. We don't miss the swim meets, but we do miss the company. We need to get together more often.

Saturday morning: ran to the field house at the high school where the running club has access before the high school indoor track meets start at 9:00AM. Yes, so we get up early. But we get to run indoor. And I, for one, have this crazy idea that I can still run a fast 400. So I am up early to run on this indoor track. One needs to take the opportunity when it comes!

Good workout. I have now run three times indoor in the past month and my target meet is coming up this Sunday. I am better prepared than I was last year. Let's see what I can do.

Stayed at the field house for my daughter's meet. She took a second off her best time in the mile (now at 6:08).

Afternoon: Shopping and errands to do.

Evening: family dinner. All four of us together for once before Allie returns to school on Monday. Couldn't decide on what to have for dinner so we ended up ordering pizza. And then played some card games. A little high-low-jack before teaching the girls the basics of poker.

Sunday: Early morning run with the club. Round trip 7 miles. Feeling pretty good even after the speed work on the track yesterday.

The Patriots win decisively!

Monday: Multiple stops on the road trip today. First, with the van loaded, dropped Allie off at school for her second semester. Second, visited with Dolores' parents down in RI. Third, stopped at my father's on the way home.

Dinner: Cooked breakfast for dinner tonight. Had some left over baked potatoes that were good to use for home fries, toasted some bread, and then personalized some omelets for my ladies.

Cleaned up the dishes and kitchen before sitting down at the computer to catch up on the blogging world.

Now it is off to dream land! Catch you all later.

No comments:

Post a Comment