Monday, January 10, 2005

blogging: what it's for, how it pays

Via Virginia Postrel comes this posting from Grant McCracken.

I like this extract:

"Can the blogger sustain a discourse that is recognizable but cannot be anticipated, in which utterances play back constantly in the reformation of the code from which they come, over a set of applications that is neither too small or too large, out of which emerges a way of thinking that draws from, touches on, but does not duplicate other players in the field, in the creation of an “idea space” that is disciplined and reckless, venturing and themed, marshaled and fecund, and finally getting some where?"

This is a two sided question: on the one hand; I need to sustain the fresh discourse, on the other hand you need to provide the feedback to help provide the sustenance.

I will give it my best to provide my two cents.

I trust you will tell me if you find it worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment