Saturday, January 22, 2005

Evelyn Rodriguez on Lance Armstrong

Nice writing Evelyn! Nice writing Lance!

I'll put the book on my list to read.

I especially like this quote:

"To continue believing in yourself, believing in the doctors, believing in the treatment, believing in whatever I chose to believe in, that was the most important thing, I decided. It had to be.

Without belief, we would be left with nothing but an overwhelming doom, every single day. And it will beat you.
I didn't fully see, until this cancer, how we fight every day against the slow lapping of cynicism. Dispiritedness and disappointment, these are the real perils of life, not some sudden illness or catasclysmic millenium doomsday. I knew now why people fear cancer: because it is a slow and inevitable death, it is the very definition of cynicism and loss of spirit." Lance Armstrong

No comments:

Post a Comment