Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Inside #the5 Wednesday

Good morning, have you had your first cup of your favorite morning get-up-and-going beverage? Yes. Then you should be ready to come along inside #the5 today.

Second instincts - a great short slide show from @ worthy of entry in  today
Tamsen McMahon has this great short slide show on the second instinct, that voice inside your head that questions you every once in a while (or more frequently depending upon what you're doing and how close you listen). A great reminder to think before acting while on the job hunt.




That Sense of Overnight Success  me: what creates this doesn't really happen overnight @ shares 
The work required takes time, lots of time. Mastery takes 10,000 hours. How many hours have you put in for what you want to do? Be realistic, don't be depressed. Focus, execute. Move forward. Patience and persistence count.


Why you need a personal newsletter  me: do you have one? Should I have one? good questions! 
@cspenn, my other "Chris" buddy, lays out his reasons for a personal newsletter. I keep saying someday, but then that day I guess should be sooner than later!


Introducing the Autism Connects design challenge  "help autistic people overcome communication challenges" 
John Elder Robison (@johnrobison) is one I was fortunate to meet at PodCampWesternMA and a few other times since. Spreading the word to help the challenge is a good thing to do. Follow the link, read his essay. Consider taking up the challenge.


Like SoDoKu for Twitter  me: the framework looks good, I need to try it, will you? let me know, please 
Last but not least for today, this grid or framework from @ericjnorman looks really good. I'll need to sit with it and try it to know for sure. If you do try, please let me know how it works for you.


With that one to wrap #the5 today, how can we summarize what we found? Is there something in common? Let's go with framework. Tamsen started us with the simply worded slide show, Chris Brogan talked about the work behind overnight success, Christopher Penn laid out the reasons for a personal newsletter, John Robison announces a challenge and Eric provides the actual framework. 

What have you learned that you can share today?