Saturday, August 08, 2009

PodCamp Boston Anthem

This can be sung to the tune of "Oh, Susanna"
with apologies to Stephen Foster


I come from Franklin, MA with a recorder on my knee
I’m going to PodCamp Boston my friends there to see
The web was down the day I left
Wireless was so spotty
Text and Twitter were all I had left
To keep me from going dotty

All you bloggers, don’t you cry for me
I’m a new media maker
With a PowerBook on my knee

I had a dream the other night
Google rank had settled still
I thought I saw my blog somewhere
High upon high, on top of the hill
Technorati, RSS, even Digg
Comments were incoming furious
How did this happen to get so big?
Ah, the Paris Hilton video drew the curious!

All you listeners, don’t you cry for me
I’m a new media maker
With an iPod on my knee

I’ll soon be at PodCamp Boston
And then I’ll look around
And when I find Chris Brogan
I’ll fall upon the ground
But if I don’t find Steve Garfield
This podcaster surely die
And when I’m dead and buried
Bloggers don’t you cry

All you viewers, don’t you cry for me
I’m a new media maker
With a camcorder on my knee


2007 Sherlock's Foolish Music, Inc.
(MADCAP Records)

originally posted for the PodCamp Boston 2 event in 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment