Sunday, January 04, 2009

job search notes: leverage your network

Rosa Say has some good advice for those job hunting in 2009. She re-posted her article for the Honalulu Advertiser "Say Alaka'i" on her Talking Story blog here

I added this via a comment:

Rosa, one item I would add to this great advice is to leverage your network to practice your pitch, get the information you need on the company, and finally the proper person within that company to make this pitch.

The individual doesn't need to do this alone. Yes, they should determine their strengths, desires, goals. But polishing their pitch is best done by leveraging their network. Other viewpoints can help fine tune the presentation to make it the best it can be.

The same network can help identify someone who knows someone... in six degrees or less, you should be able to get some help from within the company to get to the person you need to make the pitch to.

I am on this path and this is what I plan on doing. If I learn something else along the way, I will gladly share it here and elsewhere.

You have my permission to click through to read her article and add your comment!


No comments:

Post a Comment