Monday, May 02, 2005

The Test for Authenticity - Redux

I have posted about what Evelyn Rodrigeuz wrote on the test for authenticity:


"I've learned that if I could not be authentic and in integrity (more in the sense of being whole, and reclaiming the disowned fragments of your soul) in business, then that says more about me than it does about the big bad Corporate World.

Personal authenticity is not situational.

Here is one of my tests that applies in business settings: If I would say or do anything differently whether I have $14 or $140,000 (liquid, not 401K or real estate holdings) or $1.4M in the bank account - then it's not authentic. "
Two current news items reveal individuals who have failed this test.

1 - The would-be bride from Georgia

2 - The guys who "found" buried treasure

The choice was there for them and they failed the test.

When it is your turn, what will you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment