Thursday, September 29, 2011

To roast or not to roast?

Yes, borrowing from Hamlet's line there is a good opportunity coming my way (and hence yours) in November. Liz Strauss is coming to Boston (Waltham really but that is another story). She will be the subject of a roast to raise money for the charity Global Hope Network.

I have been fortunate to have met Liz several times at the SOBCon conferences in Chicago. She is one of the ultimate social media mavens. And she is coming to Boston.

When Terry Starbucker wrote John Haydon and I to see if we could help, it was easy to say yes. It was for Liz and it was raising money for a good charity. I could at least help to talk up the event. As for the roast part, I needed to think about that.

Am I ready to stretch that far?

This is a roast! Well, there are many ways to deal with it and I think I have come up with a good one. I won't be talking like the sample from Julia Roberts provided on the Eventbrite link. No, I am a lad from Pawtucket:


There once was a lad from Pawtucket
who now had to rhyme with suck it
but he did not dare
as he did not swear
so he found a way to duck it


So how will I duck it? You'll need to come and find out!

Register here  http://lizstraussroast.eventbrite.com/

#sobcon

No comments:

Post a Comment