Tuesday, March 31, 2009

PCWM -> the total experience - priceless!

"Education is not the answer to the question. Education is the means to the answer to all questions." - William Allin

As a life long learning, I am always on the lookout for good opportunities. So when PodCamp Western Mass popped up on the radar, I volunteered to help with the Welcome/Registration Desk. @mmpartee asked if I could set up the EventBrite registration and I said yes. I set about learning how to do so and it was relatively easy. I double checked my info, ensuring I had covered all the spelling and grammatical areas that I could and sent it out into the world. I registered myself and it worked nicely. Woot! Woot!

Spreading the word about PodCamp was next on the agenda. I set up posts on Steve's 2 Cents and Franklin Matters to run a couple of times each before the event.

I tweeted a few times. @writerjax set up a social media press release which made it easy to use. EventBrite also has a Twitter and Facebook function built in so you can post to those areas under your account.

The registrations started accumulating and closed the night before the event at 35. Pretty good for a first time event!

A few more registrations on the day off and the event was off and running. Lots of buzz in the main gathering spot. More buzz in each session room. Even more buzz as all came back for lunch.

@mmpartee @tishgrier @writerjax and others set up a nice event. The facility, Open Square, was a rehabilitated old paper mill. How cool is that? The rooms were abuzz with talk of new media where once paper was made!

The sharing and learning continues as folks are posting their reflections, their videos, their pictures.

My quick summary would paraphrase the MasterCard commercial:
  • Registration fee to attend PodCamp Western Mass - $20
  • Tolls on the MA Pike - FASTLane
  • Drive to Holyoke – 90 minutes
  • Learning and sharing about blogging, Twitter, and the other social media tools – priceless!


My photo slide show from PodCamp Western Mass can he seen here

No comments:

Post a Comment