Saturday, January 20, 2007

Faux paus

During a conversation over the Christmas holiday break, I was made aware of committing the ultimate clothing violation by wearing a black belt with brown shoes.

I used to have a reversible belt. You know those that are brown on one side and black on the other. It was convenient and cheap but alas it did not last. So I bought a good black belt and let it go at that.

But oh no, I could not continue to do this. I needed to change my ways.

So I broke down and on one of my shopping trips last weekend, I did get a new black belt and a new brown belt. Now I can go forth without shaming those who could admit to knowing me.

Should I ask if I can wear my black belt with navy blue pants as long as I wear black shoes? Or should I reserve the navy blue for the brown belt/shoe combination?

1 comment: