Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Fast Company's Top Jobs for 2007

With my parent hat on, I find and review the outlook provided by Fast Company on the Top Jobs for 2007 with a keen interest. Not that I am looking, but I do have two fine young ladies in college who will be looking soon.

I find it interesting that by my count 7 of the top 10 are design related.
Experience designer, web designer, security systems engineer, urban planners, viral marketers and media promoters, talent agents, and art directors.
(1) Medical researchers, (2) buyers and purchasing agents, and (3) news analysts, reports, and bloggers are the other three in the top ten.

What's that? Bloggers in the top ten. Wowza!

You can read their full listing here. They also have this in a slide show format.

Design certainly is a common item across the seven. I think that communication skills, project management, and internet savvy will also be good skills to have.

What else would you add to the list of skills needed for the future?

No comments:

Post a Comment