Sunday, December 05, 2004

Afternoon Snack

This Sunday afternoon, my activities are a mix of
  • preparing dinner (a nice roast with baked potatoes, carrots, and broccoli)
  • finishing the Sunday paper
  • blogging on what I have read in the paper and/or encountered during my cruising the web
  • relaxing from this morning's good run (6 miles)
I needed a snack and so devoured a couple of Drake's Ring Dings. I have not had those in years but saw them on the shelf in the market yesterday. Yes, it goes way back to my days as a newspaper carrier for The Pawtucket (RI) Times. A corner store (remember those?) at the end of my route was a favorite stop for Ring Dings and a Yahoo. This was considered an appetizer for dinner in those days. The Ring Dings brought back some fond memories and hopefully will tide me over until dinner.

Do you have a favorite snack?

No comments:

Post a Comment