Monday, January 02, 2023

My 3 words for 2023

I decided to pick up the 3 word goals for 2023 after skipping it for a while.

I chose a creative setup for the three words:


Traveled miles to bend over, cup my hands for snow crusted

at the driveway edge making the first snowball

of the season, cold and full of life


A wire clothes hanger straightened, same as my father taught me 

to use to fish something from a hard place, was lying 

on the edge of their driveway, cold and full of life


You can despair when the band of clouds hides what could be 

a glorious sunset, or turn and look the other way to see 

a white orb in the distance, cold and full of life


Just out of reach of the tree branches the white orb flies, 

an almost orb at same time, whole yet not completely 

revealed in this light, cold and full of life


Filled the 3 bird feeders, emptying 40 lbs bag of mixed seeds 

to nourish those winged by what's left 

of the light this day, cold and full of life


SHARE, LEVERAGE, & EXPAND reveal themselves 

as my three guiding words for this new year providing 

nourishment for this day which otherwise is cold and full of life


Why these three words?

Share is what I do on a regular basis and what I need to spend more time on is sharing more about the collaboration underway with Franklin TV & wfpr.fm. This should be the year we introduce the portal to bring about the vision of "Watch, Listen, Read."

Leverage is a repeat word but as important as ever to be as efficient as possible.

Expand is the new word this year as I seek to expand ever so slightly within the realms already to help foster the leverage and enhance the sharing underway.

#my3words

You can find more of my poetry at quietpoet.com


No comments:

Post a Comment