Thursday, February 07, 2013

Blizzard watch issued for eastern Massachusetts; 12-24 inches possible

Interesting how time and weather work their magic. 45 35 years ago yesterday, the Blizzard of '78 hit New England. In Pawtucket, where I grew up, we got buried with the most snow I had ever seen (and still have). The snow drifts by the side of the house were well over my head. And if you haven't seen me in person, I do stand 6'2" tall.

The fun part about the blizzard was that my father had been fond of teasing us by saying "go play in traffic". We lived on Division St and it was quite busy. We were very careful running across the street to retrieve a baseball that escaped our yard. With the blizzard blanketing the area, the traffic on i95 was buried in snow and we were able to sled down the hill across from APEX and onto i95. I wonder if anyone else will have that opportunity?


Sent to you by Steve Sherlock via Google Reader:

via The Milford Daily News News RSS by GateHouse Media, Inc. on 2/6/13

The National Weather Service office in Taunton has issued a blizzard watch for eastern Massachusetts for late Thursday night through Saturday morning.

Things you can do from here:

No comments:

Post a Comment