Sunday, January 06, 2008

Tabblo wins tonight

I tried to make a mosaic with FD's Flickr tools like I have done several times. Tonight for some reason, the auto cropping of the photos was not good.

I switched to Tabblo to see if that would do a better job and indeed it did. You can see the results here.

I also noticed that Tabblo has been purchased by HP. Nice move. I think I'll go back to trying Tabblo more frequently.

Note: I had stopped because the timing of the loads from Flickr to Tabblo was not sufficient for what I wanted to do. Now it appears, you can reference a Flickr set (which in this case I had already set up) so it worked out for me nicely.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Steve,

    I checked your photos out. If you're interested, the site we've been working on - qollage.com - does mosaics. You can drag your image anywhere on the page, as well as resize it on the page. No cropping though. We're working on allowing import of flickr photos but it's not done it.

    Check it out if you have time - login as demo with demo as the password to try it out. If you have questions, email me: jong AT qollage.com

    ReplyDelete