Monday, March 06, 2006

Book Review: Paul Simon, The Definitive Biography - Laura Jackson

I like Paul Simon a lot. He is one of my favorite singers. While I grew up listening to him and Art, I had only purchased their "greatest Hits" and then was smitten with "Graceland". My daughter danced in my arms to "You can call me Al" (her name was Allison). My wife and I caught Paul and company in a live outdoor concert in Holmdel, NJ. It was a wonderful evening.

That much said, this book left me wanting.

If as the cover blurbs, Linda Jackson is such a great writer on celebrities, how come she never talked with Paul?

While I did learn some good background info on Paul, the writing style was more like watching a profile on VH1. You know where they always recap before the break away for commercial, and then recap again when they comeback. Somewhat annoying.

It was a fairly quick read and I did make it through it but it would not be high on my list of recommendation to anyone.


Technorati Tags : , , ,

1 comment:

  1. honestly, nothing today compares to that Graceland of yesterday...

    always will be one of my favorites.

    :)

    ReplyDelete