Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Quotes & Links

From Tom Asacker at A Clear Eye comes this advice:

Am I suggesting that you play the personal brand game? That you try to figure out how to "monetize" your blog writing? Hell, no. Write because it turns you on. Write because it helps you understand. Write . . . just because. Or better yet, go for a walk. Play catch with your kids. Relax under a tree. Make a whistle from a blade of grass.

Read the full posting here.

From Anil Dash at Blortal 2.0

I've been married all of two days; I won't pretend that I can give anybody advice on married life. But I've already seen what's worked to get me to a commitment and a love I never thought I'd find. I've learned that, when you're doing things right, starting a life together as a couple can be fun and enjoyable and downright simple.

Yes, he got married this weekend. Read all about it in this posting.

From John Winsor at BrandShift:

That day I recognized that our peak performance was an alchemy of many things some that we could control, like our training, and others we couldn’t, like conditions on the mountain. I certainly would have never deceived myself that I could have pulled off the record on Kilimanjaro after traveling 76,000 miles over 45 days. I would have given a sub par performance.

Tom, Seth and Kilimanjaro? Read the whole posting here.

From Felix Gerena at BrandSoul:
I wanted to stress this point of the reasonable expectation for it is a key point in the communication of a leader with constituents. It does not matter if you are the leader and don´t say the exact words, if you create the reasonable expectation -and in our case it was more than reasonable- you are responsible for it. And if you are not, you cannot be a leader. Leading is not a matter of literalistic translation of statements. It is an exchange of reasonable expectations.

Read the full posting here, and be sure to check out the comments. I added my two cents.

That's all for tonight folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment