Thursday, November 10, 2005

Commuter Options

I drove into Boston yesterday as I needed to get to the HDI dinner meeting after work and my normal train commute would not have cooperated schedule-wise. I have no joy driving into Boston. I sympathize for those who need to do this daily. Coming home, actually heading to the meeting was no piece of cake. It had started raining and there were delays for significant stretches of the road. But I got to the meeting on time, had a nice dinner, and the presentation was worthwhile.

On the train platform this morning, one of my commuter buddies was letting me know how long it took them to get home last night. The 5:10 train didn't get into the station until 7:00, almost an hour later than it was supposed to. Apparently there was power outage and that affected all the westbound trains.

So it was a good choice to take the car yesterday. Definitely would not have made my dinner meeting if I had taken the train.

But this still would not get me into the car on a regular basis. The car is a daily commute hassle. The train is a problem once in a while. I can live with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment