Thursday, September 15, 2005

Quotes & Links

From Jeneane Seesum at Allied comes this recap from her day helping the Red Cross:
Little Kenya is on dialysis, and she had just come off, so she had been throwing up. But with a bottle of pedialite in her hand, she was ready to rumble. I had fun chasing her around the place, picking up crayons, and after about two hours I sang her a song while she fell asleep on my shoulder.

I can't really put words around that. Something about touch. Something about softness and vulnerability and the gift of a child's small arms, and who is holding whom, raspy voice humming along with my words, trusting me enough to let sleep come. Wshew.

Read her full recap here.

From Mir at Woulda Coulda Shoulda comes this priceless humor

Chairman Kaga: In my many years in Kitchen Stadium, blah blah blah blah.... *Kaga drones on while the audience falls asleep* Hey! Wake up! I'm about to unveil the secret ingredient! *audience cheers* Today, a match that shall prove exciting beyond any other we've ever had here! Even though I say that every week! Yes, today... behold... the PEANUT BATTLE!

*Dry ice smoke wafts across Kitchen Stadium as a table covered in cans of peanuts is raised into the arena. Gasps are heard throughout the audience. Eater Allergist nods sagely, in anticipation. Iron Eater Pop-Tart wipes his nose on his shirt.*

Chairman Kaga: The battle will last for 4 hours, or until one of you is overwhelmed by symptoms. Choose your plan of action carefully, and may the BEST. EATER. TRIUMPH!

*wild applause*

*A small thud is heard from the balcony. Pay no attention! It's just Iron Eater Pop-Tart's mother having a small aneurysm. Carry on!*

Yep. Tomorrow morning is Monkey's food challenge. PEANUT BATTLE! I may be a tad nervous. Picturing my child in a tall paper hat while we cooperate with his doctor to poison him alleviates my nerves only a little.

Read the full "Iron Monkey" episode here and stay tuned for the sequel!

No comments:

Post a Comment