Monday, February 14, 2005

Sacred Drift & Valentine's Day

Continuing to discover the writings of AJ Hoge on Hobopoet. Good stuff. No, great stuff! I have added AJ to my blogroll. Yes, he ranks with a high recommendation to read as often as he posts.

"I prefer Hakim Bey's notion of sacred drift. One of my favorite activities is to take off in a particular direction and follow my whim. If something captures my eye-- I pursue it. If I get a whiff of something interesting.. I try to find it. This process quickly leads off the beaten path- to chance encounters and interesting surprises.

Give it a try sometime... even in your hometown. Most people move in fairly small circles and would be surprised at the weird and wonderful things that exist in their own home."

I do heed this sacred drift as I often as I can.
There is so much to explore in our own circle of life.
I am almost ashamed to admit that I know some former neighbors better then I know my next door neighbors.

I found AJ by following a link.
I could have passed it by.
So many other links do get passed over.
His writing was fresh.
There was something more than what was stated.
A tease of some passion still burning.

It is burning! He lives as a hobopoet.

This Valentine's Day, expand your world.
Take a step aside.
Follow the moment.
Share the love of this life you lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment