Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Caring.com

My father has had some recent health issues. Yes, he is getting as much older each day as I am. Hard as that is to believe as it is to accept, we are as young as we will ever be. This has forced my siblings and I to face some issues with his health, his driving, and his medical coverage. I found Caring.com and a quick read shows it to be a good source of information. For example:
  1. figure out if my parent has Alzheimer's
  2. understand why driving is such a charged issue
  3. keep my parents from getting scammed
  4. sort through the Medicare maze
  5. move my parent to assisted living or a nursing home
  6. understand my parent's cancer prognosis
If your parent or parents of friends have similar needs, let them know about this site.

2 comments:

  1. My name is Kathy, and I am the primary caregiver for my 79 year old Dad who has Alzheimer's disease and lives with me in North Carolina.

    I am writing a daily blog on my Alzheimer's caregiver website that shows the lighter side of caring for someone with dementia.

    Please pass this link along to anyone you feel would enjoy it.

    http://www.KnowItAlz.com

    Thanks,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, thank you for stopping by and especially for leaving the comment about KnowItAlz. This is a creative approach to this problem. I'll write about it on The Hitchhiker's Guide as well.

    ReplyDelete