Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Qumana Blogger Update - Updated

Kind of a funky way to do business but here is a comment back from Jon at Qumana:

Stephen .. just a note to let you know that ensuring Qumana works with the Blogger Beta is in our priortized list of development requirements for the Qumana editor, and it's nearing the top of the list. Please don't give up on us yet ;-)

Thanks Jon!

How about updating the FAQ page at Qumana

How about updating the compatibilities listing?

I am probably not the only Blogger blogging with Qumana. Save some time, keep us all informed with info on your page.

PS - If by chance I missed it on your FAQ, blog, or compatibilities listing, I guess it wasn't that obvious to stick out. To paraphrase: There's No Excuse I Can Think Of to NOT provide good service.

Updated 9:00 PM (Eastern)

Jon made two comments to this posting today. As a result of the second, I just emailed Jon a Word doc with screen shots of the errors when I attempted to post using both v2 and v3 of Qumana. I also tried removing the blog from within Qumana and readding it and sent those screen shots. All tests were conducted on the same system this evening. The only other items that maybe worthy of note is that both my Blogger account and Google account user names are the same (but the passwords are different).

2 comments:

  1. You're absolutely right, Steve. It is a failing of ours. I am not seeking excuses (and I cringe as I type the word "But") but we are a tiny start-up with at the moment no funds, so we are working at doing the best we can with two or three "volunteer" workers .. me and two other people .. until we can find some additional resources ( which seem to be getting closer and closer).

    And I think that while it's not an excuse, it may mitigate your dissatisfaction a little when you consider that downloading and using Qumana doesn't have a huge impact on your wallet ;-)

    As I said, ensuring that Qumana works with the Blogger Beta is high on our list of priorities and we hope to be able to resolve the issue quickly (tho' we've had two or three months lead time by now).

    Not much else I can say than "we'll keep doing the best we can, day by day". Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK .. Steve .. you've called my / orur bluff ! We've moved this priority to the head of the list .. we need very specific feedback as to what it does or does not do to help our developer get started on the modifications / repairs.

    You could be very very helpful .. do you happen to remeber and / or are you able to describe what happened or didn't happen when trying to have Qumana post to the Blogger Beta (none of us use any Blogger installations).

    If you are inclined to share any info, I can be reached at jon.husband AT gmail.com

    ReplyDelete