- Gene Kelly, singing and sashaying in "Singin' in the Rain" was an inspiration growing up. So how did I end up with two left feet and why, when I try to sing, does my family tell me to hum?
- My nickname on the high school basketball team was "Sky" short for Sky King, of the TV show, and in recognition that I could touch the rim.
- My 8th grade class picked me to be a "short order cook". Maybe that is why I do like to cook?
- I did own a 1965 Mustang. It was about 10 years old at the time and didn't stick around long. I left the house one morning to walk to my teaching assignment at the nearby high school and said to myself as I got to the corner and saw a dew ring around the parking spot where I had parked the car the previous night, "well, I guess I am really glad I decided to walk today!"
- My favorite line as I approached Slater Junior high school in Pawtucket, RI where I was a substitute teacher for six years was "Who are you today, Mr Sherlock?" What the kids were really asking was which teacher's schedule was I going to take that day.
So there, five things you probably would not have known about me. I don't recall ever writing about them before. Which also means, I have some new topics to write about later.
To tag, or not to tag: that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous comments,
Or to take arms against a sea of trackbacks,
And by opposing end them? To blog: to write;
No more; and by writing say we end
The heart-ache and the thousand keystrokes
That flesh is heir to, 'tis a destination
Devoutly to be wish'd. To blog, to write;
To write: perchance to make the A list: ay, there's the rub;
I hope you all enjoy it! I have done my part, should you choose to continue, the floor is yours.
Technorati Tags : tags, Rosa+Say, Trevor+Gay, Gene+Kelly, Shakespeare, Hamlet