Patti, I have this vision that you must spend time crafting this weekly piece. Time akin to preparing the pancakes.
- Monday - to the store for the ingredients (or maybe the inspiration just pops up).
- Tuesday - put the dry mix together and sift well.
- Wednesday - for the fresh eggs and milk.
- Thursday - the skillet is greased and warmed on the stove.
- Friday - the dry and wet ingredients fold together and set for just a bit.
- Saturday - the skillet is ready, the batter is spooned out into wonderful shapes and served up.
I, probably not alone amongst your readers, come here for a fulfilling breakfast and leave quite satisfied, yet anxious about having to wait another week for more pancakes.
PS - I found Patti Digh writing at 37 Days back in June and posted about it on the Hitchhiker's Guide. Since then I have quoted from her a number of times. If you have not added 37Days to your RSS reader or blogroll, you are missing out.