Friday, July 29, 2005

It is Harry's fault

Well, not really all his fault, partially anyway. And if not his, certainly JK Rowling's!

Yes, I got my turn this week to read the family copy of 6th Harry Potter book: The Half-Blood Prince. We had made the pre-order through Amazon.com and it arrived as promised on July 16th. I was away for the weekend to my brother's in Chicagoland (which reminds me that I still have written about that yet, and yet it almost completely drafted). My daughter Carolyn got to read it first. Then Allison quickly followed before I could get it.

I started reading Harry this week but only took the train to Boston on two days so my commuting time to read was limited. I drove the other three days. I just finished it tonight.

It was good. I was slightly disappointed in that the significant events did not move me like I had been lead to believe they would. I won't talk much more about it. I don't want to spoil the reading for any one else.

Fault for what? Oh, for not writing as frequently as I should. I did plan in advance my entries for the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Blogosphere but have not been here much and not at all to my other places.

Thank you Harry/JK for providing a respite from work and other interruptions!

I look forward to re-reading the book again soon. I find that I catch so much more the second and third time through.

Now to start catching up on some writing....

No comments:

Post a Comment