Thursday, November 11, 2004

Vacationing on Veterans Day

With apologies to Elizabeth Barrett Browning, how do I love a vacation day in the middle of a week? Let me count the ways.

1 - I get to sleep late.
2 - I get to wake up with my wife waking up at the same time and with time to enjoy our married state.
3 - I get to listen to the news while snuggled in her arms, keeping warm under the cover, keeping the mean cruel world at bay (for a bit longer).
4 - I get to go online when I choose.
5 - I get to go on a good long run in the day light. I did run 6 miles today. Last time I did this route was just over a year ago. Feeling good today.
6 - I get to do some work via email on my time, and then leave the rest of it for later.
7 - I get to post here and comment there like some of the other bloggers I read who seem to have a flexible schedule to do their blogging during the day. I am normally limited to a couple of hours at night or the weekends.
8 - I am getting hungry so I'll have brunch now and come back to post more later.

I hope you get to take a vacation day during the week some time and enjoy the things you like to do on your schedule. It is a great thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment