Saturday, November 11, 2006

Quote & Link

 

The student made a point about differentiating racism as experienced by immigrant cultures versus indigenous people or victims of slavery. My eyebrows went up when I heard this. "I never thought of this difference." And my eyes suddenly got big. Not that I believe by any means in the validity of a "my racism experience is bigger (worse) than yours" kind of world. I guess until that point I thought of all racism as equally bad. My opinion hasn't changed. But now I can see how people might rightfully feel more pain. I wish there were less.

Read the full posting here.

I agree that an injustice is an injustice, period. I also understand perspectives can be different. This is something I learned.

The difficulty is changing behavior so an injustice does not occur. A difficult task but one that needs to be taken one step at a time, one person at a time.

 

Technorati Tags : , ,

 
Powered By Qumana

No comments:

Post a Comment