Slow-Cooker Vegetable Lasagna
Yield: 8 servings
- 4 cups marinara sauce
- 8 to 9 lasagna noodles (preferably whole wheat)
- ¾ cup green peas, thawed if frozen
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 3 cups sliced zucchini (from about 3 to 4 small zucchini)
- 3 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
Original recipe (and preparation instructions can be found here)
|just turned on to cook|
- The noodles were regular lasagna as that was what we had on hand and we need to clear the shelf.
- I used one summer squash (yellow) along with two zucchini to add a little color variety.
- I also used a package of the Al Fresco chicken meatballs (tomato and basil). The meatballs I sliced to make the layering easier (less lumpy).
I like this recipe as it was much easier overall. Slicing the zucchini, thawing the peas and meatballs received some forethought so they were ready when I was. Then it was a matter of building the layers in the crock pot turning it on and waiting for it be to be ready.
|delicious, some for freezing and some for leftovers this week|
Nothing like a one pot meal that tastes great and is healthy!