I added the rhubarb to the strawberries and nectarines. I swapped corn flake crumbs for the almond flour and used almond slivers in place of the pecans. Otherwise, the ingredient list and process remained the same.
It did come out very tasting very good!
|the finished product!|
|strawberries, nectarines and rhubarb|
- ~ 4 cups strawberries and nectarines, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- pinch sea salt
- 4 Tbsp cold butter (dairy free for vegan) or sub olive oil
|the crumb topping mixed together|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and butter an 8x8 (or similar size) baking dish.
- Add fruit directly to the dish as you chop it and spread until flat.
- To a mixing bowl add crisp ingredients and, using your hands, mix until all of the butter is evenly distributed.
- Add to the top of the fruit in an even layer.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the fruit is bubbling and the top is crisp and golden
|ready to bake|