Tuesday, February 21, 2012

There will be pictures

When my father left us on Sunday evening, it was not a surprise. Unfortunately, we had been preparing for this for some time. He has had a series of trials and tribulations with his health over the years and more so recently. Suffice to say, he kept his "Semper Fi" spirit to the end.

And while we have been this road before, recall that mother passed away in 1983, the experience has helped us prepare but the actuality of it is still hard. I find myself fortunate to have a large support structure. Starting with my immediate family (Dolores, Allison, Carolyn - Brad and Dan), and my two brothers and three sisters. Extending the circle to aunts and uncles and cousins, the number is amazing!

And this is all before we get to the circle of friends, co-workers, those local and those from around the world, etc.

The support from all of you has been very helpful. Thank you!



Jerry_Steve_SlaterPk

Dad and I way back in the day at Slater Park in Pawtucket.

No comments:

Post a Comment