Thursday, February 16, 2012

The other side of the well

When running I am usually concentrating on going forward and watching for where I am going. I am careful to watch for the changes in surface to avoid falling.

Sunday was a nice day for a long run, albeit on the cool side with a strong breeze driving the wind chill into an area some would not venture into.

Jordan Road is a nice loop. Rolling slopes building up to the well. Yes, good image. Going to the well. It happens on Jordan Road.

Looking back down Jordan Road

I paused a couple of times to look at the road behind be, what did it look like back there? I realized most of time I do this loop I go the same way. I should reverse the loop next time.

Reversing the loop would not only provide a change of scenario. It would be a different route. Look at the long downhill I would be able to cruise! Yes, there is no such thing as a free lunch. I would still have to climb up the other side. It would be shorter and steeper. Then look at that long downhill!

Consider changing your loop and see what it can do for you?




No comments:

Post a Comment