Thursday, December 16, 2010

Insights from #the5 - Thursday - mindfullness

Good morning, time for #the5

Why Investing in Your Customer is the Best Bet You Can Make  "That’s what’s different about us" 
Julien Smith has this guest post for Chris Brogan with insights that are spot on! Of course, I am currently using the Stanley Marcus quote (from my quotes page) in my email signature for work, so maybe I am biased about taking care of customers. But if you don't have customers, what kind of business are you in?

Time Magazine vs Facebook  "people are finding success by understanding the power of now" 
David Meerman Scott has a new book on real time marketing so he recognizes the power of now.

The Joy of Sex and Blogging  "live in a way that enables joy" a must addition to  for today
Yes, live in a way that enables joy. Goodness will come from that naturally.


Soup Is a Great Little Diet Secret  me: there's goodness in soup and crackers on a cold frosty day 
@lisajohnson hits a warm spot with soup. Always good but more so at this time of year than any other.


The Choice of Words for the Coming Year  me: there is much to be learned in lessons from the geese 
Joanna Peterson is amongst the folks working on her word for the year. She found the lessons of the geese helpful. I can not avoid using it from time to time. I don't want to overuse it, but it has so many lessons from it. Well worth digging through the links.

So what have we found today? the power of now, the lessons of the geese, the joy of sex and blogging, the glory and warmth of soup, taking care of the customer... what one word would bring them all together? mindfullness - I think fits for this, addressing the awareness and intent of the sources today.

What one word would you use to summarize?