Monday, November 08, 2010

Know where your information is coming from

Via Dan Kennedy, this is worth watching:



So what does this political statement have to do with this blog?

By now you should realize that what I share tends to be more apolitical than political. This does give me a good jump off point to remind you that my disclosure statement is up to date and to summarize:

My work on Franklin Matters is completely voluntary. I am using my skills and talent to share accurate information to enable an informed Franklin voter. I take the title as "Community Information Director" as it best describes what I am doing. Franklin needs someone to do this role. Unfortunately, it can not afford to fund the role.

My work helping the Franklin Downtown Partnership is a natural extension of the above. I am a paying member of the organization and the business of Franklin needs to be about doing good business in Franklin. I am also a paying member of the United Regional Chamber of Commerce. The Chamber is the group that I think can help with Franklin's business in a larger scope. We are not isolated. As much as some would like to believe we are a 'small town', we are not. With a growing population of over 33,000 we are in the top 40 communities in the Commonwealth of MA. Geographically we are blessed with a great location between Boston and Worcester and not from from Providence, RI.

My work for the Franklin Food Pantry is just getting underway. I was elected to the Board of Directors and will take the title as "Community Information Director" for my voluntary efforts in this area as well. If anything, this is a more natural extension of my work on Franklin Matters. There is so much of an 'us vs. them' in Franklin, I want to break down those barriers. We are all in this together. Especially when it comes to family life and real important things like putting healthy food on the table.

On the Maslow Hierarchy, food is second only to water (we can live without food longer than we can without water).

The only change I foresee is that sometime in the near future I will likely enable ads on some of my blogs to explore how ads can help raise money for the Food Pantry.

If anything else changes, I will let you know.

  • If you like what I am doing, please tell your friends and neighbors.
  • If you don't like what I am doing, please let me know.