Thursday, November 19, 2009

job search notes: Incite Rides Again

Mike Rothman comes to a realization, finally.
I was laid off from eIQ yesterday. I know it was a tough decision for the folks up there. Business decisions can be that way. I feel for them that they feel bad. They shouldn't.
Am I disappointed? Yes. But not for the reasons you'd think. I really enjoyed working with some members of the team, and I'll miss that. Some parts of the job were fun and interesting. I'll miss that too.
But most of the stuff I won't miss. At all.
As I was thinking back, it turns out the tenure of my last 3 vendor jobs has been exactly 15 months. I know, kind of strange, eh? Don't think they have an actuarial table to predict that. Yet this last experience has finally brought me to the realization that working for a vendor isn't the best use of my skills. Sometimes I'm a little slow on the uptake.
Read the full posting here: via Security Incite Rants by Mike Rothman on 11/17/09

How long did it take you to come to a realization?

No comments:

Post a Comment