Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Mower n More

As luck would have it, the lawn mower which hasn't been used for a couple of years, now that I want to use it, has a problem.

I dusted off the cobwebs and checked the oil. Filled the gas tank and set it in the driveway. I walked around the house to check nothing would be in the way, picking up branches from the trees, etc. When I got back around the front, there was a puddle on the ground. It was spreading. Apparently the fuel line has a leak and whatever gas I had just loaded up was now working it way out.

Minor hazard on the one hand. On the other hand, scheduling repair could be interesting. We bought it with our first house many years ago and it has worked like a charm since then. It always starts on the first or second crank. Would this be the time to consider replacing it? No, not for a fuel line.

I went to Google to find local lawnmower repair shops. I called a place in nearby Bellingham that I recognized. I have driven by there many times. They answered the phone promptly and as they started taking the info revealed it was going to be 2-3 weeks before the mower would be completed. Let me think about that. I understand it is spring and all but 2-3 weeks.

Back to Google. This time I found a place in Milford that comes right to the home to provide service. They had a website with an online scheduling system. Beter yet, I was able to book an appointment for next Tuesday. One week is much better than 2-3!

They only service a specific area of southeastern MA. They do provide a map with their "no charge" home service area. Franklin happens to be in the good zone. For those those towns just outside the primary area, there is a $29 surcharge.

I like this. I'll let you know how it goes from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment