Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Chicken for dinner

As chief cook and bottlewasher these days, preparations for dinner are underway. Green beans are washed, ends cut and ready to steam. A small head of cauliflower also is washed, cut into florettes and are ready for steaming.

I found and modified the following Oven-Fried Corn Flake Chicken recipe.

3 pounds chicken
2 large eggs
4 tablespoons milk
2 1/2 cups corn flakes
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
5 tablespoons butter

Directions
* Crush but do not pulverize the corn flakes.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Wash chicken and pat dry.
Mix together eggs and milk.
Separately mix corn flake crumbs, salt, and pepper.
Dip chicken into milk and egg mixture then into the crumb mixture coating each piece evenly.
Set in well-greased baking pan.
Drizzle with melted butter.
Bake, uncovered, for 1 hour.


The original recipe can be found here.

My modifications were as follows:

I started with 4 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken thighs and trimmed the excess yellow stuff (fat).

I used Corn Flake Crumbs to begin with (saving the time and mess of crushing)

I used Mrs Dash's Salt Substitute in place of the salt.

I added about 4 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese

I also left off the drizzled butter. There is still enough fat on the thighs to create some juice in the tray. I don't think I need to add more.


What do you think?
How would you modify this?

No comments:

Post a Comment