Rules of the road (please keep these in mind):
- The e-mails we send to each other are meant to be Alerts regarding the commute
- Fit your entire message in the Subject line
- Provide context on the stations involved (e.g., 6:16 from Penn to Montclair…)
- You should assume “no news = good news” (don’t send a mail to the group asking “how are things on the so-and-so line?”). It’s OK if there are no mails for days and days
- We encourage our riders to sign-up of any alerts from their providers…and don’t feel a need to re-send them to Clever Commuters (since We encourage our riders…)
- Relax, enjoy, participate…set a filter
While there will certainly be the mail sent that you think is a waste, there will definitely be plenty of info shared that proves to be truly irreplaceable.
- There is a pattern to these new lists: At first there are experiments and mistakes,…but it settles into a normalcy. Please be patient and remember we are helping each other.