Sunday, December 24, 2006

Satisfaction

I could rock with the Stones singing (lip syncing really)
I can't get no satisfaction,
I can't get no satisfaction.
'Cause I try and I try and I try and I try.
I can't get no, I can't get no.
But that really is a cop out. Satisfaction is a choice.
What we do and how we do it, how we feel about what we do... yes, all our choices!

So there is deep satisfaction in getting the house ready for the holidays.
Vacuuming, leaving the tell-tale long rows on the carpet.
It clearly shows, I've been there, done that. Don't step there and spoil it now... :-)

Not like working for some time on a memo getting the thoughts aligned just so that they flow, and then have someone come along and change the whole direction.

Painting, wall-papering... changing the way the room looks from this point forward.
Step back. Admire. Cool. Look at that. The colors do work really well together!

Taking an idea, advancing it. Witnessing that it does have a life of its own.
Co-creation, being cool with another's modifications 'cause they are advancing the idea.
Two heads are better than one, three still better than two... the power of WE.

Satisfaction is a choice. Choose wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment