Thursday, December 07, 2006

Power of Connections

I arrived home after physcial therapy for my knee tonight and Dolores was still out. Parent conferences this week for her friends in kindergarten. I turned the radio on for company and started empting the dishwasher (first things first) before heating some leftovers.
 
My normal background listening station WCRB for some reason that I missed had switch call numbers last week and moved down the dial from 102.5 to 99.5   (A country station is now in their place on 102.5) (Now, country music has its place but it is not something I can listen to all the time.) Apparently as part of the move, the signal is not as strong as it used to be. Either that or the move down the frequency now creates conflicts so the radio in the kitchen which used to get great reception now gets good reception only when I stand near the refrigerator door. Yes, the radio is on top of the refrigerator.
 
So I need to find a new background station. For tonight, I had it tuned to WGBH at 89.7 and happened to catch Christopher Lydon with Open Source. As I listened, I slowly realized that he was inteviewing Daniel Levitin, the author of "This is your brain on music" a book recently added to my "To Read" shelf.
 
I only listened to about 20 minutes of the interview but it is enough (especially with the book on the shelf) to go download the podcast version and catch up on what I missed.
 
 
Technorati Tags : , , , ,
 
Powered By Qumana

No comments:

Post a Comment