Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Quick Bits

Some quick bits to help catch up on recent events:
 
World Cup - Zidane, I can only think that he must have said something really good for you to do what you did to Matterazzi. With Henry subbed, and you red carded, there went the French chances. I was hoping that France would have scored in the run of play (you were making progress). Or that the Italians would have scored from a set piece (as they did but got called back on). I did not like the game ending in penalty kicks.
 
Amanda, I hope all is well with you and your decision to split from Rocketboom. I was enjoying the five minute kick start to my day (viewing your previous day show). I trust you will find a worthy outlet soon.
 
Disasters abound all around us: Russia airliners crash, Boston tunnel ceilings collapse, commuter rail riders in India and Chicago... Maybe I should start thinking about asking "Can I stay home and work from home?"
 
Gas prices continue to fluctuate. Just as the Globe was publishing that the average had risen to over $3 here in MA, coming home today, I see some local stations dropping from $3.01 to 2.99.
 
Traveling back home to MA from central PA last Friday, we drove about 6 hours on Interstates 80, 81, 84 and then 90. In that drive, I was able to tally at least one car with a license plate from each of the east coast states (Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Maine). The only New England state I did not see was Vermont. I also saw cars from Illinois, Ohio, Colorado, and Texas. Was anyone staying home?
 
 
Technorati Tags : , , , ,
Powered By Qumana

No comments:

Post a Comment