Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Marshmallow Farm


Marshmallow Farm
Originally uploaded by shersteve.

Disclaimer: This picture did not come out the way I would have preferred. I need to be patient and wait until we return to central PA to get another opportunity to get a better shot of a marshmallow farm.

Yes, a marshmallow farm. See the white line. It really is a stack of large (and I mean really large, like each one is over 6 foot tall) marshmallows. They grow on the farm usually along the edge of a corn field like this. It helps provide the farmer a cash crop and helps to really utilize each square acre of farmland.

Sometimes you can see the marchmallows when they are green but they ripen quickly so green one are hard to find. This is a ripe batch ready to be loaded onto a truck to be taken to the factory where they are cut into little pieces and put into the plastic bags for the supermarkets. And utlimately to be used around the campfire, of course.


PS - and if you believe that one, I do have a bridge for sale!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, just for the tiniest milisecond...I was a believer; but I was still a little fuzzy from the morning, and I LOVE marshmallows. All I could see was a long white line of marshmallow fluff...yum. Good one Steve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the picture was better, it would have shown distinctly the difference between each roll of marshmallow. I was so happy to have taken the picture but so disappointed with the outcome.

    I do have one coming soon with the raw marshmallows ready to be put in the line up. :-)

    ReplyDelete