Sunday, December 04, 2005

Two recommendations

From Rosa Say at Talking Story comes this posting on The Wonder of it All.

After he had read our December Ho‘ohana on Faith and Family, Charles Pappas of our Ho‘ohana Community sent me a link to a wonderful presentation called The Wonder of it All. Chuck and I would like to share it with the rest of you on this winter’s Sunday. Froth up an Eggnog Latté and enjoy.

The Wonder of it All.
- this is the presentation link, and
- this is the link to the poem by Ralph S. Marston, Jr.

Mahalo nui loa Chuck.


From Patti Digh at 37 Days comes this posting on Dip your wheels:

I have decided to bike across the continental United States.

I will do this to celebrate my birthday in four years, the one that brings me perilously close to the age at which my father died, the one I never really believed I’d see since he barely did, my 50th. The inspiration behind this goal is a woman I’ve never met – and probably never will.

Jean is a cyber cipher, a member of a storytelling list serve who posted last spring about a trip she was readying to take—58 days of biking across country with women aged 50-72. She celebrated her 62nd birthday on that trip, a journey that began by dipping bike wheels in the Pacific Ocean at San Diego and ended with a dip of those same wheels (aside from the replaced tires along the way) in the Atlantic Ocean at St. Augustine, Florida.

Read the full posting here. Patti posts only once a week, but each week the posting is a gem!

No comments:

Post a Comment