Sunday, June 26, 2005

Links & Quotes Sunday

From Halley Suitt at Halley's Comment
I don'’t forget easily. I don'’t forget anything. I didn'’t expect to forget him any time soon.
From Morgaine Swann at What She Said
Europe is laughing at us. AGAIN! Even a 5 year old knows that breasts are allowed in art. Statues, like the Spirit of Justice, are often partially or completely nude, and that's a beautiful thing. Why do Christians hate breasts? Or do they hate Justice? Liberty? The Pursuit of Happiness, which, for many of us, would most definitely include breasts? I've got an answer and it's on the shelf in your local grocer. Baby formula.
Not from today but worth noting from Heather Hunter at This Fish Needs A Bicycle

I knew right at that moment that my sister loved me. I mean, she was my sister of course she loved me. But I got a sense that this was more than the obligatory love that runs through familial veins. She loved me, she liked me and she was willing to abandon her own comfort to show it.

That's the part about love that'’s always been hard for me -– stepping outside of my own security, to take a chance at humiliation to show I care. But I'’m learning as I get older that it'’s not about me. It's about dropping defenses (or lifting up tank tops, as the case may be), exposing previously hidden faults and letting people hear me say, “this is how you know I love you.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment