Monday, May 09, 2005

To Whomever Found My Cell Phone

Yes, it was one of those days.

A normal Monday. Normal routine.
Parked the car at the train station.
Walking along the platform, set my phone from ring to vibrate.
Put it back on the belt hook.
Waited for the train.

It came. I got on. Heard something drop at the top of the stairs.
Looked around saw nothing and with others waiting to get on, moved on.
Sat down, got my pass out for the conductor.
As I settled into the seat, I realized, the normal cell phone lump on my side was not there.

Yes, it was really not there. No phone attached.

Oh, no!
And then the aha moment!
That must have been what I heard as I got on.
It had not full latched on the belt clip.

(That is another post, I have not liked the design of this thing since I got it.
It was a work-hand-me-down and seemed better than it actually has turned out to be.)

I got up, checked the platform. The train was moving now.
Checked with the conductor to see if anyone had turned it in.
He had been the last one up the stairs and did not see it,
so if it was on the train someone had it.

He came by shortly after with it.
Someone in the car up front had just turned it in.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment